5 Daily Changes To Immediately Improve Your Health
On a daily basis, how would you rate your health? Would you give yourself a good grade? If the answer is no, don’t fret, im here to help. If the answer is yes, keep doing what you are doing and then take some extra steps to improve your life even more!
I fully understand the problems of a day-to-day life, there are loads of commitments, a crazy and time-consuming job and a house full of kids to go home to and take care of. How is anyone expected to get into a “healthy” routine?
Here are 5 quick fixes to help you live a healthier lifestyle!
1) Moving at work: Our desk jobs restrict us of so much movement and so much activity. I recommend that you take a longer walk to the bathroom that is further away or stand up and move around while you are on the phone. Its amazing what standing up and stretching out will do for your moral while getting through your 8-hour shift.
2) Take the stairs: We live in a society that thrives on new inventions to simplify every day life. Elevators and escalators are great examples of this. But when did we get so lazy as a society that we only use a staircase as an “emergency”. Taking the staircase doesn’t take much more time than an elevator stopping at 6 different floors. You can find a little bit of extra time in your day-to-day routine where you can breathe a little heavier and get your blood flowing a little quicker. It wont hurt you.
3) Drink more water: Water isn’t just an ingredient on the label of your juice or soda. Water is a foundational component to human function. Without water, we do not exist. Simple as that. The human body is roughly 65% water. So, drink more water! Ask yourself if you want you body to be 65% water or 65% Dr. Pepper.
4) Take the dog for a walk: I know you have a beautiful yard and your dog loves to run in circles and bounce around like a maniac. But, your dog would also love to go for a walk around the block as well. Instead of opening up the back door and sitting right back down on the couch, throw your shoes on and take the dog for a 5-10 minute walk. Fido will thank you for it!
5) Park in the back of the parking lot: I always find it funny when people fight over the front spot in a parking lot. They are willing to wait an extra 5 minutes to make sure they don’t have to walk an extra 5 feet. Whether it is the grocery store, the mall or your child’s athletic practices, take the extra minute and walk a little further. You would be amazed how quickly the steps add up! Most smart phones these days have the ability to track how many steps you take throughout the day. Utilize this and see how big of a difference parking in the back of the lot makes!
There you have it. Being healthy and striving for a “better YOU” isn’t as hard as you would think. Sometimes it just takes a little push to get a big ball rolling!
The Panorama Wellness and Sports Institute